Since our company began in 1969, GMI has grown to become one of the leading manufacturers of industrial and technical furniture for schools and industry. Our company offers a complete product lineup from work benches and storage cabinets to welding lab and computer furniture. We continue our mission to provide high quality products with unsurpassed customer service.
- General Workbenches – Our standard duty work benches are suitable for use in a variety of applications including assembly, maintenance, production, and instructional training. All work benches are built to withstand heavy use and provide years of service. Standard duty leg assemblies are constructed of 14 gauge formed steel channel. All legs feature all welded construction. Heavy duty 11 gauge steel leg assemblies are available. Floor anchor pads will accept optional leveler feet.
- Mobile Workbenches – GMI mobile workbenches are constructed to meet the tough demands of a high use environment. All welded construction and heavy gauge steel will withstand years of use. Full extension ball bearing drawer glides with capacities up to 400 lbs. Benches are standard with four 5” heavy duty casters and are offered with several different top styles. Available in a variety of configurations to fit most applications. GMI also offers several mobile work stations for specialty use.
- Dura Tech Series – Dura-Tech series modular cabinets and workstations are of the heaviest constructed available on the market . Available in a multiple cabinet configuration options and sizes. Workbench components can be ordered separately or as preconfigured stations. GMI offers a full line of workbench accessories including CPU racks, keyboard platforms, monitor and display mounts, and much more.
- Extreme Duty Tables – Extreme Duty work benches are designed for heavy fabrication and work loads. The base is constructed from 3-1/2” diameter, heavy wall steel tubing uprights. The 3/8” solid steel plate top is supported with a 1/2” x 2 all welded support frame that is integrated into the leg uprights for maximum strength. Work benches are equipped standard with a fixed lower shelf constructed of 3/16 steel plate top and under frame support.
- Automotive Tear Down Bench – Great work bench for small engine and transmission work where oil and fluids can be a problem. All welded construction of heavy gauge steel. Perforated galvanized steel work surface with lower drain pan. Lower shelf measures 14”d with a 2 gallon oil/fluid container. 3” high back and end stops around work surface. Adjustable height legs from 27” to 35-1/2”h.
- Premium Storage – The WC-Series is our premium duty tall storage cabinet. Built with quality and longevity in mind, these storage cabinets feature a full 2” face frame and all welded 16 gauge steel construction. Doors are equipped with recessed aluminum handles and a three point lock for security. Doors mounted on heavy duty concealed hinges with a 105 degree door swing. Cabinets are available in a variety of sizes and interior configurations. Our cabinets will provide years of use in commercial environments.
- Extreme Duty Storage Cabinets – Extreme duty storage cabinets are manufactured to meet the demanding requirements of heavy use in tough environments. Constructed of 12 gauge steel exterior components featuring all welded construction. Doors are mounted on 3/8” steel pins with brass bushings, welded hinges, and allow 140 degrees of door swing. Solid steel handle accepts heavy padlock (not included). Shelves are 14 gauge steel with formed edges. Cabinet bottom is flush with opening. Bottom leg supports are 6” high and have floor anchor plates.
- Welding Tables – GMI welding tables are built to last in a tough environment. All welded heavy gauge steel construction with a variety of work surface configurations. Some models for gas welding feature a fully grouted fire brick work surface. Arc welding tables are available with replaceable grate work surfaces and solid plate steel tops up to 3/4” thick. Welding stands and table top positioners for out of position weld training.
- Welding Cutting Tables – GMI cutting tables are built to last in a tough environment. All welded heavy gauge steel construction with a variety of work surface configurations. Available models feature a replaceable steel grate work surface or 1/2” x 2“ removable steel bar work surface. Enclosed bottom tables feature a clean out door and exhaust port with manual damper and are designed to connect to a central exhaust system.
- Welding Booths – Our welding booths are an industry standard for industrial and educational training facilities.GMI welding booth enclosures are available in a variety of sizes and configurations to meet most installation requirements. Our booths are constructed utilizing an all welded heavy gauge tube steel construction and a non conductive, fire resistant, fiber panel.
- Welding Exhaust – GMI offers a variety of solutions for welding lab ventilation. GMI can provide solutions from component parts to complete turnkey packages. Service and products include wall and roof mounted exhaust blowers, ducted and non-ducted systems, fixed ventilation bodies and adjustable collection arms.
- Welding Ventilation – GMI offers a variety of solutions for welding lab ventilation. GMI can provide solutions from component parts to complete turnkey packages. GMI also offers complete self contained welding booth and ventilation packages.
- Storage Racks – GMI offers a complete line of storage racks for nearly every application. Our rack line products include modular and open shelving, cantilever racking, vertical steel and lumber racks for both educational and industrial applications.
- Hand Grinding Station – All welded construction on the Hand Grinding Station was constructed of 11 gauge steel. It comes with a replaceable steel grate work surface that measures 35’’w X 24’’d. The hinge, locking door on the front of the bench allows easy cleaning of the work surface. The floor anchor pads are included.
Computer / Office / Media / CAD
- Computer Workstations – We have a variety of computer workstations that can be customly designed to accommodate the shape and size of your classroom or work area. With our large selection of workstations offered, we can ensure you that you will be able to find a piece that works right with your working environment and that will fulfill your task needs.
- PC Series Drafting tables – The PC series is one of our most versatile furniture lines.. The PC series features all welded base frame components, heavy gauge steel panels, supports, and quality laminate worksurfaces. The PC Series is available in many configurations to fit your work environment and task needs.
- SRO Series Office Furniture – The SRO Series office furniture offers an elegant solution for administration office settings. Built with the same great quality GMI has become known for, we utilize only the highest quality materials to ensure durable construction to extend the life and beauty to your office. Constructed of 1″ laminate panels with a durable spray applied edge our furniture exceeds the manufacturing specifications of most competitors.
- Styling Stations – Available in stand alone or in-line configurations our styling stations can serve any need. These stations are constructed of 1-1/4″ laminated panels with spray applied edging. Power can drop into the station from above, or along the lower wire tunnel up from the floor. A quad power outlet box and tool grommets in the work surface are standard at each station.
- Manicure Stations – Our Manicure stations and accessories are designed and manufactured to meet the needs of the educational lab environment. Manicure stations feature all laminate construction base panels of 1” MDF core with high pressure laminate on all exposed surfaces. There is an option between the Deluxe Manicure station and a Portable Manicure station.