Design Assistance Corporation (DAC)
DAC Assistance Corporation was founded in 1980 as a full-service modelmaking company serving engineers, industrial designers, and marketing professionals through the design and fabrication of technical models and mock-ups. Projects undertaken most often related to the design of chemical plants, refineries, power plants, nuclear plants and large industrial equipment.
In 1982, we began to apply our knowledge and skills to the fabrication of training-related models and mock-ups, addressing the growing training needs of the nuclear industry. This activity blossomed, resulting in projects for virtually every nuclear utility in the country. The “design assistance” we provide today in training program design and implementation has a logical, practical foundation in industrial experience … experience that can help you get results from your training dollar in the most efficient way possible … through actually experiencing common maintenance tasks.
- Mechanical – For over 20 years Design Assistance Corporation (DAC) has been developing and manufacturing an expansive range of unique, task-based training devices for Mechanical Maintenance Training. We were the first to develop a range of this type, and continue to be the leading innovator in Mechanical Training Industry.
All products have the look and feel of real industrial equipment, and are respected by incumbent workers working in the field.Our task-based, modular approach allows you to easily create a training capability or lab precisely matching your needs, student population, and budget. Choose from over 200 self-contained hands-on training systems, cutaways, and technical scale models to enhance programs, and get results for your training dollar.
- Our Range Is Modular and Tiered – Concentrate on core skills, and expand into more specialized areas pertaining to your industry and your unique program has your training needs evolve.
- Our Products Work Together – While generally task specific, individual components within our mechanical line can be “bread-boarded” to create mechanical systems, and with our electrical products, to create unique electro-mechanical systems.
- Instrumentation & Process Control – Since 1992, with a purchase of the instrumentation training aid manufacturing division of General Physics Corporation, Design Assistance Corporation has been improving upon and adding to a proven family of instrumentation and control-related training aids, designed for the industrial market.Our line continues to expand today, incorporating new technologies such as Emerson DeltaV DCS systems. Industrial communication technologies such as FOUNDATION Fieldbus, Profibus, and DeviceNet, often incorporating state-of-the-art diagnostic technologies such as Hart protocol.
- Our Range Is Modular and Tiered – Concentrate on core skills such as bench calibration or basic field measurement, and expand into PID control and more specialized areas pertaining to your industry and your unique program.All of our instrumentation and control training products incorporate an “open architecture” allowing the use of instruments and controls of many designs, from a variety of manufacturers. Using this modular approach, instruments and controls can change as technology changes. Primary devices mount on standard 19″ rack panels, allowing interchangeability between products and applications. User-specified and user-provided devices can also be easily integrated.